Saturday, December 17, 2005

First Blog

To blog or not to blog, that is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
Simply commenting on other's comments on life
Or to blog authentically against the presuppositions of the world
And by opposing turn them.

I have decided to start blogging. Perhaps a little bit.
"But why?" you ask. Well, I will tell you.

I often have such interesting and challenging conversations with people, such thought-provoking discourse wrapped within the daily grind of life, that it seems good to me to share them with whatever portion of the world would take the time to receive my offerings.

"Pastor John: what, then, will be the theme of your blog?" you ask, somewhat exasperated at my typically long-winded answers.

The subject will undoubtedly include musings on the deeper issues of life and how they integrate with our daily existence, since my thoughts regularly turn to this area (and I occasionally lose sleep over such wonderings). I will also feel free to blog about whatever might be tangentially interesting.

For instance: Here is a link to Hamlet's soliloquy, in case you've never read the thing in its entirety. It's not long but it is deep. http://www.monologuearchive.com/s/Shakespeare_001.html
(You might note that, though there are over 50 Shakespearean monologues on this site, Hamlet's soliloquy is 001).

"Is this blog going to continue on, or will it just be a flash in the pan like so many other wannabloggers?" you ask, as you are about ready to google your own name for the 1021st time.

Who knows? I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. If I remember to blog and it seems to be of interest to others, then I'll keep at it. If not, it's just one more experiment to shut down.

May you recognize the blessings of God in your life today.
PJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home